Friday, December 02, 2005

Black or White?

This will probably be anticlimactic after all the finished scarf posts, but I'm still in the yarn decision process. I've decided on my main yarn/colour which is going to be Cherry Hill Tree Glitter Alpaca in the Moody Blues colourway (in the middle of my oh so beautiful comparison picture), but am having trouble deciding on a complementary colour. I've narrowed it down to the Peruvian Baby Cashmere from Elann, but am having trouble deciding whether to go for the darker silvery black(pewter) on the left or the crisp white(parchment) on the right.
I personally prefer the black with the Moody Blues, but am afraid it may be too glum for winter-wear. What do you all think?
The pattern is all in my head, and at the moment I can't say anything definite beyond that the baby cashmere will be the lining and the cuff of the hat.
Thanks for any input!

4 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

well, from the pics it looks like the dark grey is a natural companion, and the white looks a little forced. I'd go with the dark - but I'm sure that whichever you choose will be lovely,

2:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First of all, I LOOOVE the Moody Blues - great color! I would go with the black.

4:50 AM  
Blogger EvaLux said...

I like the black best too... the white looks too harsh.

Cheers Eva

5:30 AM  
Blogger Leisel said...

I'd go with the black. It will let the fancy yarn take center stage. The white will fight with it for attention.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home