Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Best Laid Plans...

Anyone else feeling a bit bah humbug about holiday knitting? If I have to do one more dishcloth, I'm gonna...

Anyway, since I've saved my scarf exchange knitting for a post-holiday treat, I'm reconsidering my initial plans. In true go-getter fashion, I wanted to do a unique scarf in a unique pattern with unique yarn. After all, isn't that part of the fun of knitting our own rather than heading to the mall? Well, the brain is pretty much fried and the idea of adapting a lace pattern to work with the yarn I found from a local alpaca farm, um, not really jiving with my plans for post-holiday wine and relaxed knitting.

So I'm going to try this simpler lace pattern and have a back-up plan of Backyard Leaves or the lace leaf scarf from this summer's Vogue Knitting. I'm not sure either of those will be easy, but the idea of working with a nice, faithful worsted rather than lace or horrible cotton sounds pretty appealing.

Have faith, scarf pal, something cozy will be headed your way... hopefully without any wine stains! Hmm, maybe I better choose a dark color worsted rather than the white lace weight after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home