Saturday, November 12, 2005

Scarf only: DebiD

1. Name & blogger handle Debi Davis (no blogger handle other than "Debi")
2. scarf only
6. Colours you like: Deep purples and vivid blues, lichen greens, lime greens, russets, --fall colors
7. colours you hate: pastels
8. fibres you like: natural animal fibers: soft merino, alpaca, merino and silk or animal fiber blend with microfiber. Fave commercial yarns: Manos del Uruguay, Colinette, ArtYarns Ultramerino, most any merino-silk blend, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, Baby Alpaca Brush, Malabrigo.
9 . fibres you hate/allergies: All acrylic, though okay in natural protein fiber mix, such as 80% alpaca and 20% acrylic.
10. prefered scarf length: Longish
13. solid or variegated? Like Both.
14. cables or lace? Like both.
15. miscellaneous info (including if you would like the chance to have a crocheted scarf):
I enjoy bright colors over pale ones, except for pale lichen greens. Love bright teal/blue combos. Can't wear pinks well--I'm a redhead. I wear scarves constantly--thick ones in winter for warmth, long skinny scarves all year for fashion, and I don't mind a bit of glitz or boucle, though I'm more of a slubby or smooth yarn person. I like both plain scarves and scarves that make a statement, depending on my mood. I'm wild for the Iris Shreirer short-row multidirectional modular patterns. I do like some crocheted scarves, especially freeform, but I can't crochet in return, only knit. I wear plain, neutral coats other clothing so that I can add any color of scarf for accent. In reality, no matter what colors or style a scarf is made in, I will appreciate it and enjoy it for the thought and effort that went into its creation, and will wear it with pride. I've never received a knitted or crocheted gift I haven't loved, except for one lavender crocheted very fussy poncho. Oh--I'm a major animal lover, so "knitting clean" is not important to me---if stray dog or cat hairs end up in the scarf, my critters and I will love it. However, knowing not everyone feels this way, I will carefully wash, block and dry the scarf I knit in a critter-free room before packaging it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home