Saturday, October 22, 2005

What is a scarf?

Okay, so what is a scarf? I saw your question, Impossible Princess, and in my mind, I figured that a scarf is a neck covering of some sort. How wide or skinny it is will be up to you and the recipient to decide. A wrap or shawl is a lot more work than a scarf, and if that is what you decide to knit, that is between you and the recipient. Do run it by him/her first to make sure it's something he/she will use. I think we all signed up for this with our own mental definition of scarf - probably long skinny (or not so skinny) knitted fabric intended for winding around one's neck. Any deviation from that should first be checked with the recipient of your 'scarf'. Does that sound fair?

I'd like to warn those of you who would like to make a more ambitious scarf that you really have only 2 1/2 months or so to complete the scarf. Be aware of that when you choose your project. I know some will be late - procrastinators like myself will probably be sending out apology notes. However, a week or two late is quite diffeent from a month or two late. Please try to keep to the time frame unless this is something you agreed to with your scarf pal.

Have fun, everyone. Questionaires will be available soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home