Saturday, September 23, 2006

Yay she blocks!

Hello all you scarf knitters! I have had an intense twenty four hours. I've knit lace before (okay so it was only 1 time) but it just blows my mind how blocking just makes IT!
My pal, like most of us I believe, wanted a long scarf. But I was too chicken to join another skein of yarn - how do you do that in lace anyway without having a weird little bunch of stitches showing up?
I'm making Branching Out and last night while watching my favourite Take Home Chef, I came as close as I could to the end of the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. And I doubted it would be long enough. Pshaw!
Enter blocking overnight and that dang scarf bloomed from 5" wide and 42" long to... 7" wide and 65" long. It's still not as long as I would have liked but it looks amazing if I do say so myself. I hope my pal likes it. Now I just have to find a little something else to put in the package before I mail it off.
I will add a photo later after I get some batteries. Oh, it's gonna be good.
All the scarves already posted look so good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Can't wait to see the picture! I'm making the same scarf out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK.

6:22 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Oh, I'm so excited to hear what blocking did for your silky wool - the suspense has been killing me on my pal's scarf:) Can't wait to see pictures.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home