Thursday, September 28, 2006

Scarves scarves scarves

You may remember that I started this scarf for my pal, but then I started to panic and think I will never finish in time - I do most of my knitting at my kids' soccer games and practice, and reading a chart while pretending to watch watching a game is not easy. So I thought, why don't I (usually the most disastrous plans of my life start with "why don't I") make another scarf, just to be safe?
So I started My So Called Scarf with some Magallanes from my stash:

My So Called Scarf

Oh so beautiful!
Oh so stiff, and that is not so good in a scarf. So I casted another one with some Colinette Skye:

My So Called Scarf

Oh so beautiful, oh so soft, but I do not think my pal likes purple. She said she likes red, gold, blue, and green. No purple in her list. Of course I should have checked before starting scarf #3, but that would have been too simple, right?

So, red, Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk and Inspirations Yarn Cream:

scarves

So, what so you think? My favorite so far:

Reversible Lace Ladders Scarf

5 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

The alpaca silk is a nice red, and feels soft and lush, no? The variegated one hadds a little more interest to the scarf. I vote the red alpaca silk!

2:00 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

just b/c they don't list the color as a favorite, doesn't mean they dont like it. I think if you love the one with purple, it's a beautiful scarf. I just make very very sure to steer clear of the colors they don't like.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh as a lover of red, I have to cast my vote for the solid red on the right in the next to last photo. But sincerely - everything you have done is really beautiful! Whatever you decide to send, your pal is going to love it.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Kristin Summerlin said...

I can't pick. Can I have them all? (I'm one of those people who loves all colors when they're used right... and you've used them right.)

5:13 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I agree with your favorite - lucky pal getting this much thought put into a perfect scarf!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home