Saturday, September 30, 2006

Good Progress

I'm very pleased to say that good progress has been made on my scarf as Bou here is displaying on this balmy Spring afternoon. I had a real mental block with the first twenty or so rows and had to redo them at least 5 times. I am now starting the Gazebo lace pattern from the other end having finished one ball of 4ply baby Alpaca/silk. I hope to graft the ends together when the length is right. It needs blocking of course but I am mildly satisfied with it so far - despite the odd mistake for which I hope my ISE partner will forgive me.

Despite this progress I still wonder if another pattern is more suitable and if I have time I may try it in some stash yarn I have. This seems to be a common trait amongst fellow knitters - when is good enough, good enough?

5 Comments:

Blogger babette said...

It looks great & I am not a fan of pink but would love that scarf! All the pixs posted are great!!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

that scarf looks soft enough and yuummmmy enough to eat!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Pennie said...

how cool is that, awesome picture :) Happy Knitting

5:28 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It looks beautiful, and I love the photo! I think your pal will be very pleased.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

It looks like you could just cuddle up in it. the pink makes it look even softer. I am sure your pal will be thrilled.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home