Friday, December 16, 2005

My First Post

I'm finally getting around to making my first post - and in fact this is my first ever blog post. I'm so excited to be part of the International Scarf Exchange but I haven't had much time to focus on it. With all the year end work and getting ready for the holidays I haven't allowed myself to start my pal's scarf as much as I have wanted to. I have purchased my yarn though and I look at it often. I have tried to post a photo below so I hope it works. It is Cherry Tree Hill Glitz yarn in warm winter colors per my pal's questionnaire. I got it at our new LYS called Full Thread Ahead. If you live in the Bay Area you should definitely visit them. They are located in Los Altos, California and it is an amazing place. If you can't get there in person visit them at www.fullthreadahead.com. I've decided to knit the Clapotis scarf from Knitty.com which can be found here http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html. I hope I can make it work - I've never knit one like this before. Wish me luck! Happy Holidays and Happy Knitting to all!

- Allison T



NZ Wool Glitter -Tropical Storm

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful yarn! I think it will look great as a Clapotis. I made a mini Clapotis before, and it's not hard. The directions are really good, so just follow them and you'll be fine.

5:08 AM  
Blogger EvaLux said...

very very very yummy colors :) And I think it will look gorgeous indeed as a Clapotis :)
Cheers Eva

5:11 AM  
Blogger Leisel said...

Oops... looks like that link is a little long. If you can't make it work, try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/8nx95


- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

4:17 PM  
Blogger Leisel said...

Beautiful yarn, and you can most definitely make Clapotis... it's a really easy knit.

One hint, though... you don't have to fiddle with all those stitch markers. Here's a link (with pictures) about doing it without:

http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain/2005/02/_i_knit_myself_.html

It should save you a little time and simplify things for you.

- Leisel

4:17 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks for all the support and helpful hints - this is great. Now I really, really have to force myself not to rush home from work and start knitting it. First I have to finish the Lady Elanor shawl for my mom and the scarf for my mother-in-law and, and, and... Thanks to you all!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Ooh! I'll take a Clapotis. Thanks! ;) Clapotis or not, I can't wait to see what my pal makes for me.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home