Friday, October 13, 2006

NOOOOOOOOO ! ! !

So, I'm knitting merrily along on my scarf when I look down to see this:


I don't know how well you can tell from the picture, but somehow I really messed up the lace column a couple of inches down from the top. I really did not want to rip out that much work, so I crossed my fingers and dropped the problem stitches down:


AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH ! ! ! It is so freaky to see your work all mangled like that! Luckily, it really was an easy fix. I just knit the column of stitches back up using DPN's in a slightly smaller size. Now you can't even tell there was ever a mistake:



PHEW ! The only problem now... it did set me back a few days waiting to find the time and mindset to actually do the fix, so now I have to really push hard to catch up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Craftybernie said...

Who's a clever cookie! What a great job. I would have struggled with a crochet hook - never would have though to work on that piece separately. Not sure I would even know how! Looks great.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

You are a brave woman but it turned out well. I love that scarf!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Good job! I'm impressed at how you fixed up your error! :0)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Great save! Onward!!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home